Part of the Fairdale x Vans Collection.
Founded in 2010, Fairdale Bikes is the brainchild of World Champion BMXer and professional illustrator, Taj Mihelich. After many years as a pro rider, Taj partnered up with long time sponsor Odyssey BMX to create bikes that are approachable and fun for you to ride—bikes that will help you experience the magic of riding. Just like when you were first starting out.
Coming together for a collection inspired by this very magic, the Fairdale BMX Sk8-Hi blends playful details from Taj’s renowned, cycling-inspired artwork with a BMX-specific construction that has been formulated for modern riding. Featuring durable 10 oz canvas uppers with flocked accents that simulate giraffe fur and a reflective heel logo, this high-top BMX shoe will bring a little more childlike joy to your riding, regardless of whether you’re taking a lazy cruise around the neighborhood or pushing the boundaries of your own progression.
- VANS X FAIRDALE COLLECTION: Fairdale branding and artwork bring a new sense of fun to our BMX Sk8-Hi silhouette, including flocked material at the Sidestripe™ that simulates giraffe fur and a reflective heel logo.
- VANS WAFFLECUP™ BMX CONSTRUCTION: A first of its kind in BMX, specifically designed to deliver the best combination of pedalfeel, support, and durability.
- UNRIVALED DURABILITY: Reinforced DURACAP™ underlays in high-wear areas add unrivaled durability to prolong the life of each shoe.
- POPCUSH™ CUSHIONING: Our best cushioning and impact protection. PopCush™ energy return footbeds protect your feet while helping to lessen leg fatigue for longer sessions.
- VDFPR (Van Doren Factory Pedal Recipe): This is our latest proprietary gum rubber compound, specifically formulated to enhance pedal grip and durability. Tested and approved by the Vans® innovation team and the top factory team riders, VDFPR is only available on BMX Wafflecup™ construction.